Sunday, May 01, 2011

Internship: Day 3

Wao. I memang teramat sangat semangat ni! I suppose it’s cause it’s the first week, and many new stuff are happening, so many there’re many stuff to write about also. Hmmm…

I wonder if I can just continue writing a post a say like this then at the end of the internship just copy paste into the internship report that I’m supposed to be writing?

Anyway as I said yesterday there was a large group of locals coming today with the main aim of joining the coral replantation program they have here.

Tomorrow they’re gonna shift those artificial coral blocks back to the sea, but since I’m needed here for more briefing, I don’t get to go! Ahhhh~ I wanna go dive and replant coral also~~

Anyway. Today was the first day I’m working with nice-boss. I clocked in half an hour earlier today cause he needed to arrive early and break corals for the huge coral replanting group that were expected to arrive later in the afternoon. Scary-boss is still scary, and I didn’t see him often today, but when I did, he was talking to other people and his tone was somewhat the friendly type.

I forgot what I was doing in the first half of the day, probably walking around looking for visitors or manning the “Touch and Feel” section. Then came the major assignment of the day, manning the turtle exhibit. It was abit hard cuz the people who came where of mixed races, and I had to use BM most of the time. My spoken BM being of a limited vocabulary, I ran out of things to say pretty quickly. But that was okay, cause the three groups of people were more concerned in finding sharks to look at than looking at the three very cute hawksbills that were under my care at that moment. So I pretty much ended up explaining the supporting creatures in the tank: fish and lizard shark, just cause they were more visible to the visitors than the turtles are, and they tend to look at moving things.

They are more interesting than boring turtles eating sand. ==ll

Anyway, to people who DID listen, I was talking more on turtle biology: what they eat, where they live, how many types etc.

I still find I work better with small groups of people. Like <6? But no more than 10.

Today’s fish feeding show was a bit more unique as she-boss was doing an extra on fish bombing and coral protection so ada special sikit lah. I really like listening to her talk lar, the accent is very nice to hear.

Then today nice-boss and gf bawak go dinner again. aiyo, I also like tengok-ing they two together la. so sweet! haha. very nice people. nice-boss also has a lot of wisdom words as well.

Sometimes working with these people I get a bit stressed while talking to them, cause I’m not confident that I can deliver what they are expecting of me. or at the very least, what I think they are expecting of me cuz I don’t know what they are expecting actually. but I’m sure it’s more than what I am showing them now.

But okay, I’ll work on it. very hard. XD

2 comments:

思云 said...

Yes yes, you should include your father's visit in your report as well. ha~ and and did the couples make you feel like wanna find a life partner too? ha~

Davis said...

Gila. Nanti dr fadzil send me to tanjung rambutan baru tau. and NO, of course not. I like looking at them nia. haha (that sounds wrong, somehow)