Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Internship: Day 12

I didn’t go to the market yesterday but I did today. I think the more times I go the more depressed I become.

Do we really need all these fish?

The market had a lot of fish. Those mud crabs, that I was struggling for MONTHS at a time to collect samples back in Terengganu for my final year project, they were sold here, baskets at a time, all large, all alive and most of all ALL CHEAP.

1 kg went for rm16 –rm20 back in Terengganu, and 1 kg is maybe 3, 4 crabs? The guy here was calling out rm10 for maybe 10-13 crabs in a basket.

OMG.

Then there were the fishes, all so goddamn huge. I mean, these are KL restaureant sized fishes but here, imagine a tuna the 1 metre long. Or a grouper, the same size. I serious! Allt the fishes found here are monstrous! So big!!! And NORMAL people buy them!!!

Last but not least are the sharks I see everyday. Apparently they were caught right after they were born.

ARRGGGHH!!!!!!!!! This is depressing.

Anyway, back to work, the normal people weren’t there and since I did the feeding show twice. I think I’ve got a flow but I need to find a way to end it. the second time I thought I was pretty good. Hee. But none of the staff were watching, so I couldn’t be sure.

Another first today is that I led a Penang group on tour. I don’t know. They seemed okay at first, but after a while they started to be obnoxious. Kept asking, do you eat this, do you eat that? OOH I ate this!! OHH that’s delicious!!!

==ll

Haih. Because of them I was talking non-stop for like 2 and a half hours? I’ve never talked that long without stopping before. PLUS I was staining my voice so I seriously needed to drink something. I hope something got through to them though.

After that I was freaking tired and since the 4 o’clock show was brought forward for the Penang people, there wasn’t supposed to be another show. But a couple walked in and boss wanted a simple show for them. So I went and got ready but they never showed. The diver pun only put on a wet suit and some fish and fed them really really simply. Then left. So lucky la, today close early ^^

Then I reached home at 5. Wow. The weather is so nice! But tomorrow I am scheduled to go down the shark tank so YAY. There’s supposed to be a crowd in the morning so I guess the dive would be in the afternoon?

Looking forward to the dive ^^

Going to play pool/bowling now. Haha. Ciao!

1 comment:

stupid monk said...

hahaha.. NORMAL people...