Sunday, May 08, 2011

Internship: Day 10

As per usual, every morning for the next 6 weeks I need to be in the market every morning to see what kind of rays/sharks end up on the table. Today, there were SO many rays at the market today. They were all squished into big square containers. I estimate 60-70 rays of different species in the market this morning.

Which got me thinking. Do we need this much fish?

Its getting so sad to go to the market everyday. I mean, all those baby sharks and all those rays? How long can the wild population last like this? I mean, it’s hard to convince people to go vegan, I for one, can’t imagine life without meat. But the magic word of these human dominated times is “sustainable”.

So how do I go about telling them? The people I talk to are middlemen. The people who actually catch the fish are out of my reach. I’m already afraid of the fishmongers getting angry at my daily photo taking as it is. ==ll

Okay, so after the fish market survey there is the afternoon there is the feeding show that I was supposed to do. That guy really wore the Chinese kungfu costume. And…

Jeng jeng jeng…

Comments were: Very good, for a first attempt. Not loud enough.

Personally, I’m not really happy with myself. I went into the show with everything I wanted to say, with the flow with the fact with the everything. Then I started, the diver came out, the audience got distracted, and that threw off my flow. Then while I struggled to get that flow back, as my voice was barely loud enough for it to stretch way to the back, I was passed a mike.

Okay. Use the mike.

Then the thing died on me.

Tried getting it to work. In doing so, lost my flow.

The rest of the show was done looking at what fishes were visible and just blurting out all the facts.

Luckily I was able to find an opportunity to step down and bring a conclusion to the show. So it’s not THAT bad I guess.

I can do better. Haha.

Then in the evening there was this birthday party, so many little bothersome kurang ajar brats came up to site. And there were so many stupid kids running around unsupervised and grabbing everything the wrong way although I tried to tell them not to. ==

I hate kids.

I really do.

I had no idea what to do, talking to them was no point cause they was too excited to hear me; and anyways my first reaction was to just take a stick and bash them so I had my hands full trying to control myself. ==

That’s it for today. Gonna sleep now. ^^

No comments: