Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Internship: Day 11

Today I didn’t end up going to the market as there were no transport, so I stayed behind to do the normal fish technician stuffs. Feed fish, chop fish, and today a NEW event: Check and clean filter pumps.

Being a large aquarium, these filter pumps are not your average aquarium pumps that aquarium hobbyists put in their living room. They used filter stones of different sizes to filter the water. And the filter stones used are coral rubble. ^^

Today was a slow. Slow. SLOW day. There were two entries in the morning and no one came in after 12. I was supposed to practice my feeding show presentation at the 4,00 show but since no one came so there was no show. I’m gonna do it tomorrow at 11.30, probably, if the person who does the show normally doesn’t come in. So yeah, kinda looking forward to that. ^^

Then… oh! I neglected to mention that a senior works here! He’s from the first batch of Marine Biology students! Haha. That’s all I can think of telling about him.

Em. Then because there was nobody in, work ended at 4.30 and I got home by 5. Then boss asked me to go swimming at 5.30. Actually I was really really malas to go, but boss ordered, so, haha.

She is a GREAT swimmer. Right now I’m trying to polish my frog and free style, and after that I’ll ask her to teach me the back stroke and butterfly. ^^ Then she did a really cool water treading style which had was REALLY hard although she tried explaining the theories to me.

So, conclusion, I’m gonna,try to go swiiming, to practice and to build up stamina. I’ve seen her go 20-30 laps around the pool, making it look so goddamn easy. Wow. Haha. I was already out of breath after half a lap. ==

So weekdays I’ll go swimming if I get off work early la. Here very nice, after 5pm there’s no sun and I can just swim until 7pm only it’ll get dark.

No comments: