Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Freedom

Someone asked me what did i value most in this world.

now, i'm a unsocialable materialistic introvert. so normally when i'm confronted with this question i would answer with either my guitar or my cat.

but honestly, i value my freedom the most.

to be free, to be not tied down by money, work, people.

but this feeling, i hardly get it anymore.

i had the most freedom during my primary school days, and it gradually lessened through my secondary school era and now, it is almost non-existent.

when i first came here i felt it in many little ways.

this feeling lessened in sem 2.

so far in sem 3 i do not remember ever feeling freedom. so much that i have forgotten what freedom felt like, what it WAS.

then yesterday afternoon, i felt it.

i was walking back to the lab empty handed.

then it hit me.

for that one, brief moment, i felt freedom in its outmost glory.

for that one second i felt my entire being relax and an overwhelming sense of peace came over me.

then, as suddenly as it came, it left me.

Leaving me addicted to its taste.

Freedom is peace.

I need to feel free again.

2 comments:

Loytor Media said...

Hahaha...u are the one that always steady in our class...hahaha..u feel no free meh?? hoho...for me, freedom is what i do is i like de...hope u can feel more freedom o...but normally we dun have chance in this sem n coming sem...hohoho...but never mind lah..wat can we do? hoho...Just tru=y to enjoy it loh...

Davis said...

haha. i know freedom is when you can do whatever you like. but this sem got chance to do that meh? maybe later we go kapas i feel the freedom again.
hohoho~