Sunday, March 08, 2009

Nocturnalism

Some of these days I feel like a goddamn vampire. (I must be reading too much of Twilight but anyhow…) I went out of my room the other night and the breeze was fantastic. Totally different than going out during the day. All sun and no wind.

They wanna goddamn roast us in Terengganu izit?

It’s during those nights when I REALLY, REALLY WISH we had all night classes instead. And sleep the day away.

This actually reminded me of a short story I read years ago “the valley of the blind”. For those who don’t know it’s about a secluded place surrounded by mountains and it’s very difficult for people to get in or out. So anyway a genetical disease made the people there all blind and the descendants lived that way not knowing anything or anything related to sight.

They thought birds were angels and etc. but important thing is, since their world was darkness anyway, they slept in the morning when it was warm and worked at night when it was cool. Sensible right? But not practical for us.

Why?

We have sight. More specifically we NEED sight. So if we slept the day away and worked at night in total darkness, we’d turn on all the lights and stuff. Waste of electricity. Already we aren’t conserving enough although we sleep at night, then we wanna waste summore by changing our lifestyle hah? Whatever la.

If we all change our lifestyles like this, the end of the world will come sooner.

But I STILL really wish I don’t have to be barbequed while walking to campus every morning tho.

I’m already medium rare.

update on langkawi trip will happen as soon as i organize my pics and assignments for the trip.

soon.

i hope.

No comments: