Monday, December 31, 2012

Supernatural Powers

death-note-death-note-666036_576_460

If you could be granted one superpower, what would you choose?

This is a question often asked in situations where they try to decipher your personality from your answer, places being: beauty pageants, personality quizzes, job interviews, etc etc.

For a long time, I used to think the one power to top all power was the power to read minds. That’d be cool. Or like Jean Grey’s in X-men where her mental powers can cover everything from offensive to defensive and both physical and mental aspects.

But that’d be asking too much.

Yeah, I used to think that being blessed with a mind reading power was enough.

Now?

I don’t think so.

If I were given that question to answer at this moment, I would say that I would prefer the power to curse people.

It has gone from “superhuman” powers, to “godly” powers. Do I consider myself so superior to humans that I wouldn’t settle for merely superhuman powers and I would only be satisfied with the powers of a god? An evil god, no less.

But back to the topic. Something like “Death Note” would be nice. Not to the extreme where people have to be dead at the end but if that’s the complete package, that works, too.

I would need to know their names? No sweat. I’d gladly exchange for the grim reaper’s eyes.

Unlike Raito, I wouldn’t go mad with power and dream of changing the world (which was his downfall, by the way). I’m selfish, so I’d only get people that step on my tail.

Also unlike him, dying instantly of heart attack would be a mercy for people like those. I’d fully use the 49 days for torture before allowing them to die. >insert evil laughter here<

Am I joking here? Maybe. Should people take this post seriously? That’s their choice.

I have a long tail. I know that. But I also know that my tail makes a conscious effort to avoid being stomped on. So when it happens, it hurts. And it makes my tail want to wrap itself around the fool’s leg and drag it down to the pits of hell with it.












No comments: