Monday, April 25, 2011

Presently walking in the past: Prologue

As I sort out all my things that I left lying around, physically and electronically, I realized how many things happened in the three years I have been here.

Three years ago I initially threw away my appeal plan because I was offered a course for three years. Had I appealed and won, I would have gone to another place for five years.

Looking back on how much fun I had in these three years, made me wonder, for an instant, whether I should have appealed for that five year course. If I did, then I wouldn’t have to taste the numbing ache of separation so soon.

I would have another two years to be with my friends.

But then again, if I HAD won that appeal and left for that five year course, I wouldn’t have met the bunch I’m with right now. Chances were I could have suffered for five years as a loner as I always had been, instead of gradually coming out of my shell during these three years alongside influence of the friends I made here.

The friends I’ve made here won’t be there.

Of course I have no basis to whether my life would be better or worse had I transferred, but know this, had I the chance to rewind and redo everything over, well I won’t lie, there ARE a great many things I would like to do differently, but I wouldn’t have considered appealing to transfer away from you guys.

Had I made that decision, I would never have gotten to know all of the people I have gotten to know. Sure, as with any community you exist in, there are people I like, people I didn’t like so much, and people I plain just didn’t care about.

For the people in the first two categories: Hey. I am really grateful that I got to know you guys. ^^

Like I said, many things happened through the years, and many changes happened to. Also, while I AM still the person my pre-u friends knew, at the same time, I’m not.

I think these three years of human interaction and events have made a difference to who I am and how I act.

I’ve changed. In some ways for the better, I hope.

But I’m not gonna deny that there are parts that became worse.

I’m still me.

But I wonder what I would mutate into in the next two months. ^^

Following this post would be a walk down memory lane through these three wonderful years. I just hope I remember every detail that mattered to me.

No comments: