Friday, April 29, 2011

Internship: Day 1

I interrupt the previous series to start on this one: my internship in The Green Connection, KK.

Okay. Day 0 was okay; my boss picked me up and sent me to a fellow staff’s apartment where I would be staying for the next two months. Got settled in, all was great.

Then came Day 1. So boss picked me up for work, one time only offer, I get to walk ten minutes to work from here end on, but never mind. Showed up for work, had the grand tour of the place, got handed over to lots and lots of different staff, all telling me what THEIR department and they are responsible to do, ALL different. Got blur.

Officially I’m in the FISH department. Unofficially and realistically, I’m gonna touch on everything else. I don’t mind, but I would like it very much to have a timetable or a job scope of such. I answer to so many people I don’t know who to prioritize cause this is not in a hierarchy level kinda organization. All my bosses at the moment are heads of their own department and the head of all these heads is a money-throwing organization whose butt sits in a grand chair in an air-conditioned room and whose face(s) and name(s) I will never get to see in my two months here.

Anyway my first assignment was to get to know all the workers there including admin and cleaners and security guard and etc. I have yet to know if I pass the assignment as judgment shall be passed tomorrow at work.

And um. I’ll say this for those who understand the feeling. Over protectiveness will make people feel unnecessary awkwardness. If anyone is interested in the story then I might consider writing it, but right now I’m too tired to go into detail.

On a different note:

I might get to SCUBA dive! Feed sharks! Plant coral! YAY!

Depending on circumstances, though.

8 comments:

思云 said...

i'm interested!! haha!! jiayou jiayou! hope you can pass the assignment tomorrow! haha

MiKi Gan said...

Congratz for surviving your first day. Anyway, hope this internship can taught you to love human (only those kind and good one) ^.^Y. I will update you jugak after I meet my bosses and future colleagues.

Wow, diving. It's amazing and good luck ya. ^.^Y Say hi to the shark. And coral, I will meet them kut, until I uek !!!

Loytor Media said...

shark shark shark shark shark!!!
qiu... shark only mah... help me take care of those coral ya...
huhuhu... jiayou jiayou oh^^

stupid monk said...

wa... feed sharks..
okla.. stay tune for my arrival la.. muahahaha..
i wan to shout loud loud to ur college that u r a primates..

Davis said...

@ys: humans ah. very mafan animals. ==
@ck:haha, ada coral exhibit with alot of fungia and giant clam and banyak other things oh... but bukan i jaga one, i bagi makan saje.
@wk:i will feed you to arapaima. n you nak beritau college i buat pa? i mana ada college?

Davis said...

@sh:yours last cause kena tell story. the assignment he forgot ALL about it d ==. anyway like this de, my father follow me to sabah ma, i told my boss its business trip then ok lo. then he suddenly say nak guna my bag, say will return. then i borrow him lo. then the next night kata 6pm nak pulang. wait until 7pm tak dtg2 and the houseowner nak bawak me go makan, so go lo. THEN he say he datang, but sesat in another taman. so i ask him go the food court lo. the owner ask me who is it, i say my father nak pass me thing. OMG should see his face. SUDDENLY tukar, can see he thinking "WHY THE HECK IS YOUR FATHER HERE??!!" so lat sei. then he finally find the food court, and come pass the thing. then he (n my uncle) just duduk and makan. that one okay la. then he start talking nonsense. i also forget what he say d, but nonsense thing la he say ==ll then he so chuong hei. OMG. can see the owner and his gf also like bored d, but he don't get it. ARRGGHHHH.... if he chu xian ppl don't give me the "why this person until now also need father teman one?" look then okay la. but... but... T.T

思云 said...

ahahahaha!! damn funny weh your father!! he so free ka? memang "business trip"?

Davis said...

@sh: ada lah buat business. jumpa potential client. then meet up with his old old friend that i never see since thousand years ago but apparently supposed to remember because when i was kecik i went the friend house before. ==ll