Thursday, October 21, 2010

Flight home

I went on an airplane for the first time in my life. It was SO fun!!! Haha… though at first it was scary because I had no idea what I was supposed to do. I tried asking for information at the counter but the person there wasn’t very helpful. I had no idea what to expect when I checked in and entered the boarding room.

Then there was this earlier flight by MAS (I was using AirAsia) that kept requesting passengers to board while the AirAsia people just kept silent. The boarding time on my ticket said 8.40 but it was close to 9.00 when they opened the boarding room. On top of that the closing time for boarding was supposed to be at 9pm. Imagine my nervousness when nothing happened until then. I was really terrified of missing the plane. Haha.

My seat was supposed to be right next to the aisle, according to pictograms on the plane but this old guy, either by mistake or on purpose, sat on my seat, so I got the window seat (yay!). My parents said it was boring since I couldn’t see the clouds because my flight was at night but the night lights are pretty too.

There is SO much difference between the night view of KT and KL.

I barely had time to nod off when the pilot announced that we were going to land in 20 minutes. I was like, huh? Oh right. This is a flight, not a bus. Lol. Incidentally I saw PETRONAS twin towers. In the yellow glow of the night city lights, the twin towers were white, standing out. From my view they looked like Christmas tree worms. very cute-looking. Had no idea where the KL tower was btw.

Unfortunately the inside of the plane was too bright and I couldn’t get a picture. ==

I guess first timers always behave like jakuns, huh? The guy beside me was wearing that “you first time on plane kah?” look on his face so obviously that I tried to refrain taking pictures until I saw him looking away or trying to sleep. I’m sure nobody could have REALLY slept during that short flight ^^ll but seriously lah, I acted so jakun-ish that I’m amazed at myself.

Being on a plane feels very much like diving, because I guess in both cases there is this change in air pressure and I frequently had to equalize. I mean you can feel whether the plane was in ascent or decent. It was SO fun. ^^

In the five months I wasn’t home, Jedo got SO big. XD

He’s just so cute other cats can’t even compare. ^^

No comments: