Wednesday, August 18, 2010

English for Occupational Purposes

There’s a course I have to take in my studies called English for Occupational Purposes. One of the assignments in this course is to read motivational and self improvement books. So this is what my friend read:


Which got me thinking of him:

"My name is mooojo-JOJO!" XD

I used to think that he’s really cute when I watched the powerpuff girls back then. The redundant way he talks is really entertaining. Really liked listening to him talk. ^^

"I do not talk like that! The way I communicate is much different. I do not reiterate, repeat, reinstate the same thing over and over again. I am clear, concise, to the point!"

Ahha. The irony. Another example. XP

"I, Mojo Jojo, am your master, and you shall obey my commands like the dogs you are! Because I am your master, it is I who you will obey! Obeying commands is what you’ll do! I will give you commands, and you will obey them!"

Anyway for some reason I have always liked the villains better than heroes in any show that I watched. Wonder why.

However there IS a condition. The villain cannot be a hero in disguise (e.g. I’m doing this in order to let you have the chance to be the hero… etc) I find it irritating if a good guy pretends to be a bad guy and then when he is defeated, he reveals everything that he’d done was for the good of everyone like he’s the person who sacrificed the most. It’s like a call for attention, wanting the whole world to sympathize with you and hail you as a god for your sacrifice for humankind.

Wth. If you wanna be a villain then be a villain la weh. For example, in Harry Potter books I initially liked Malfoy until JK Rowling started writing him up as a wimpy character. ==ll

Haih. So dissapointed. I started disliking how the series started to twist after the fourth book. And the ending in the last installment? Yeah. I hate it.

Back to topic, despite saying I hate two faced characters, I like daredevil and batman wor. They are those kinds of heroes that have this dark past that wronged them but still manage to turn out good while their past still haunts them.



Must be because they only come out at night. Other superheroes work mostly in the daylight (as if night takde crime) and they fight supernatural monsters. The difference is that this two, they don't have super-strength or super-speed or whatever. They are humans, they fight humans, and they use human-trained techniques.

These two bring forward the message "When there's a will, there's a way" instead of heroes like superman whose message is, i suppose, something like this, "I can do this because I, and ONLY I, have the power beyond what a normal human can reach. So kids, don't do this at home!"

Aiya, this post has nothing to do with the title, has it? Haih, the way my brain leads sometimes is so goddamn random. lol.


No comments: