Sunday, March 16, 2008

Edu fair

i went to this education fair today to decide what to do with my life. unfortunately out of more than 400 universities and colleges there only a miserable THREE were able to somewhat help me.

i first went to taylors college but the ppl were too preoccupied to help me with my queries so i decided to come back later

so i went to this booth where they help students who wants to study overseas and was attended to by a nice lady. when i told her i had taken STPM and wanted to do another pre-u course she said "hey if you are planning to do that why not take the intensive a levels where they get a professional to coach you personally so that you are guranteed your best results? SAM would do much help if u want to keep your country of choice options open."

she says that this would be the best choice for me as the course was short (9 months compared to the usual 18 months) and neednt waste my time. the college she recommended was one top the top 5 in new zealand and had a 90% guarantee that i would get a course in university.

so far what she said sounded so good that i knew there had to be a catch. it costs 60k to study over there. stationary, accomodation etc included. its not that bad, considering its cost 30k++ to study it locally. just without the intensive tutoring thats all.

i wanted it. my parents didnt. so i left to look at college B. they were helpful, when i told them i was an STPM leaver, they to me about the express a level program they had and that although it had started in january, i could join them since i had the foundation and could catch up easily since i was qualified in every way.

i could take the express course, take the final examin november, receive my results in january, and if they were good enough i could use them to apply for next year's febuary intake in new zealand/australia.

wow.

there is a god!

that got my hopes up so high i cant measure it. i thought 'this is it! this is what i had to do! yes!!' then just when they finished telling me what i had to do to register and what i was going to do, a call came from 'the boss'. she said i can only take 3 subjects.

i said ok no problem. i took 3 subjects in STPM anyway.
then she said "you cant take bio. you must take physics, chemistry and maths. you took physics in STPM right?"

my whole world crashed on me. the light at the end of the tunnel vanished instantly. i didnt take physics in STPM.

so god didnt like me that much after all.

i went back to college A to ask the same thing. they also told me the same things except that they do not recommend the express course and didnt have it as it was not good for the students. however the option is open if the students insisted. another difference is that a levels in college A is RM2000++ cheaper than college B.

thats it. financially id choose college A due to the cheaper pricing. but oersonally i want to chose college B because i dang well HATE the area college A is in. college B is in a community im familiar and comfortable with, at least.

thats the three. my rant for today is over. as for my plans...

my head hurts when i try to think. so i try not to.

what am i to do?

wait. thats a thinking question. forget it.

No comments: