Sunday, April 01, 2012

Publika (Solaris Dutamas)

So one fine saturday I kidnapped two people that I’ve not seen in little over a year (i think) and began a road trip to this place:

PublikaShoppingGallery

Publika, or better own to my Ovi GPS as Solaris Dutamas, which is essentially the same place, anyway. Oh and by the way, for the lack of self taken pictures, all pictures seen on this post has been taken without proper consent from whoever it was that captured them in the first place.

First off, the distance wasn’t too bad, it was just like a drive to MV, just slightly more confusing drive and toll fees included. Oh and I should add that I have no idea this place existed two weeks prior and my nokia got us here. Anyway, I suppose what’s different about the place (besides it being totally new and unheard of) is that the designers/landscapers/what-do-you-call-these-people(?) are reeeeeaaaaaaaaalllllly random people. They apparently think that putting random chair looking objects around the mall is a great idea and did just that. It’s… artistic, in a really really abstract way. But to give them credit it does make the place more fun.

Oh and since it’s so new and unheard of, the place was comfortably filled with people with the nearest group normally 2-3 meters away, sometimes more ^^ imagine that happening in Pyramid, or MV on a weekend! It’s the prefect place to go walk around with people you kidnapped in a mall for the day and not get stressed by humans walking 2 inches away from each side of you. (Source of trauma: Some weekend some time ago in MV).

I like this place. The eccentric art pieces lying around pretending to be chairs is a plus and a great conversation topic every now and then. Oh and there was this earth day thing going on, so there were like recycled robots everywhere. Such as this:

Sunday-Fabs-2

I regret that the mother of this kid did not take the epic recycled thing that looked like a robot (most likely cause it was too hideous) with huge cone shaped boobs. Seriously, it explains why some time ago there was a big commotion about not allowing people to wear clothes that “pokes eyes”. That robot COULD and WOULD poke people’s eyes out given the right reason and height.

But basically what I got from their earth day campaign (whoever was running it) was the idea to use trash to make more trash. Hence, reusing the trash. Oh well, people seem to enjoy this concept of protecting the earth so I’ll just let it slide. Like this quote I’ve seen somewhere:

Humans are the only creatures that would chop down trees, make paper out of them, and then write “SAVE OUR TREES” on aforementioned paper

Yeah.

Oh and the only thing I dislike about this place was the apparently stylish concept from the same eccentric designers/landscapers/architects/whatever-you-call-these-people(?) of a transparent roof so that we can apparently see the stars/watch it rain/sun bathe/whatever.

6302329679_cb7a18f32e_o

Now if I wanted to expose my pupils to the great wonders of the midday sun, I’d go OUTdoors. But I’m INdoors and I expect INdoor lighting and atmosphere, and I expect artificial sunlight. LOL. Anyway, that’s just me. If it WERE night I suppose it’d be cool if we could see the stars and stuff. XD

But we went there in the day. So.

I don’t like sun.

On a side note: (this wasn’t supposed to be a side note but this post got too damn long) I really enjoyed myself that day. XD Ooh and there’s the carpark! Empty with ample parking space ^^ but the autopay, not so good. Why can’t there be a machine on every floor? Or signs that point to the machine instead of a map on the other side that marks the location of the machine?

No comments: