Monday, January 23, 2012

New Year, New Tidings

Chinese New Year is minutes away and so far I’m keeping to my resolution pretty well for the past 3 weeks (lagging in some items, but pretty good overall ^^)

As usual, although before sitting here and typing these words I normally have this HUGE rush of ideas of what to write, but when I actually find the time to sit in front of the screen and start typing, nothing comes to minds anymore.

Erm. Well, the Eagle has taken the bait and it’s digesting it for some three months. And for this reason also I am currently restricted to my rights of freedom of speech, so to this effect please expect more metaphors that I will only be able to explain verbally in person. XD

Also, recently I’ve realized that after staying in Sabah for two months plus, I’ve grown really attached to the way Sabahans speak their malay. So much that now when I speak malay I don’t like using “I” or “You” in place of “aku” and “ko”. The only thing I don’t use would be the suffix “-bah”

This is weird as I do like to speak in rojak language when I’m with people who understand all the four languages I do.

I wonder why. Maybe I just like to use bahasa baku. XD

But I don’t have qualms when people use “kl malay” as they call it.

I try to post a relevant picture in my posts for this year (be it literal or metaphorical) but its late and I need to sleep.

So yeah. ^^

No comments: