Saturday, December 31, 2011

Water Dragon Year 2012

Enter the year of the dragon, the year in which almost all of my friends are born in, and in which most of my friends are experiencing for the third time or more. For lack of ideas in which to better start of my post, I present to you SOHMA HATORI – the Dragon of Fruits Basket ^^

dragonOne of my first favourite male characters – Fruits Basket being one of the first animes I’ve been introduced to XD

Tomorrow will also be the first year I will be entering armed with a resolution. Although calling it a “resolution” might be inappropriate as it looks more like one of those “100-things-to-do-before-you-die” lists.

It’s quite short at the moment, but as it’s a list, and me being a greedy human being, no doubt I’ll be adding more things for me to try to accomplish. Haha~

A couple of those would be to write and draw more, a past time of mine that I’ve unknowingly put on hiatus for almost 5 years – the year since I left my alma mater.

Looking back, there are many things I stopped doing since that time. And I believe, by doing so, I left my soul there, causing me to cease possessing some human-like values. Hee.

I’m lucky enough to have some people teach me how to be human again, haha, and with that I remember how it used to be – how I used to be 5 years back.

This time I’m not letting it go. Not ever again.

Oop! On a lighter note, the next year being my first to have a resolution, I am determined to see it through. Wikipedia says that only 22% of the human population manage to complete their resolutions, but I’m not stupid enough to believe that my will is strong enough at the moment to allow me to complete EVERYTHING on my list.

So at some point when I was drafting this resolution of mine, the first item reads “To complete at least 80% of list”. It doesn’t seem like such a huge number then, but as I am typing it now, doubts are arising that 80% is going to be a tall order. (Sign of my already weakening will, perhaps? haha.)

Anyway, this post has been long enough. To those going to battle out their resolutions in the New Year like me, let’s work hard!

And to everyone else:
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
NamiRobinChopper1Unrelated: Few of my favourite characters in an anime I’m following – and also one of my sources for inspiration this New Year, I hope! ^^

No comments: