Monday, February 28, 2011

I am.

I am someone without the best of manners.

I am someone without the best of tempers.

I am someone without the best of patience.

I’m someone who will never even touch the base of the best in all these attitudes. In fact, I will admit that I fail completely at trying to polish these attributes and among them many others that are assumed to be positive mannerisms in humanity.

I am someone to hold a grudge, even long after I forget how that grudge existed in the first place.

I am someone who forgets the good in people, not that it is done in purpose, but except for those I actually pay attention to, I see no need to purposely remind myself of how much I am truly indebted to them.

I am someone who assumes the worst in people, often at the first glance, so that sometimes I can just convince myself that they are not worth knowing when they really are better than how I will ever be.

In these negative attributes, however, I am king.

If I hate you, I won’t pretend to fawn over you.

I’m not god, nor am I a saint.

I can’t forgive and forget everything that has ever happened and stand strong for those that will probably recur.

I am not a human.

I can’t put on a mask every single day and look you in the eyes when I have decided that I want nothing to do with you anymore. Don’t push me.

Science says I am an animal. My spirit tells me I am not human.

Animals display their emotions directly. If a cat dislikes you, he walks. If a dog hates you, he bites. If a snake decides to, he kills.

No. animals never hide their emotions.

No comments: